our new project

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carl

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my wife and I just bought our dream house in upstate NY. It's a ranch style pre-fab in shabby condition on 1.7 acres in a great area. we are gutting it and re-doing everything. glad to find this forum. www.saytor.com/rockhouse

Welcome to the Forum,
looks like you have quite the project going on, we look forward to seeing your progress as it is made and conversing with you about problems (yours and mine) and solutions to them.
Love your acreage
Justin

Welcome Carl:
We look forward to the progress pictures too. You have plenty to keep you out of trouble for now.
Glenn

Wow. Have you considered building a new structure? By the looks of it, the old one may need more work than it's worth.

But you're right, the land is gorgeous, and you will find lots of good help here! Good luck!

We will be around for sure ...plenty to do here.
The electrical panel cannot be in a closet for starters....just adding to your list.:D

InspectorD, I think the closet was a common place to put the panel box in a prefab house at one time. I used to live in a 1968 double wide and the electrical panel was in the back closet of the house.

Back