Hello, Noob herre.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leroyme

Reaction score
How's it going? I am new to the forum, but have been working on my house for a couple of years now. Nothing major, just a few small things here and there. I was on DIYchatroom, but haven't been able to bring them up for a week or so, so I thought I'd look for "bigger and better" opportunities! lol Well, here's a quick rundown of my house.

Built in '98
4Br/3Ba
2300 SqFt.
Full finished basement
Vaulted Ceilings in LR
Gas starting wood burning fireplace
Jacuzzi tub in basement bath
2 car attached garage
Main floor laundry
9 ft. ceiling in master br
3 up, 1 down configuration
Central heat/air
Security system
Modest back yard, with a decent view
Updated ALL light fixtures and faucets

Here's a few pics... Sorry for the lack of organization, I just threw them together. Let me know what you all think!

15Mar08014.jpg

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b324/leroyme/house pics/?action=view&current=Kitchenpaint6.jpg

DSCN0177.jpg

DSCN0235.jpg

DSCN0224.jpg

That's my place... Slowly but surely improving it!

Welcome Leroyme:
Your place looks beautiful to me. You are doing a good job with it.
The Kitchen sink faucet looks like the Moen in my sink. I also like the mantle clock. Is it real wind-up clock with hammered chimes?
Glenn

welcome,
looks like a nice place, what kind of improvements have you done to it so far?
Justin

Thanks for the compliments. We bought the house in perfect, move-in condition! We have
painted the accent wall a dark red in the kitchen,
painted in the Master b/r,
painted both upstairs regular b/r's,
installed chair rails in both b/r's as well,
Installed crown molding in the master bath,
painted, decorated,
replaced faucets and light fixtures in master bath,
painted, decorated, installed faucet/light fixture and tiled the upstairs hall bath (and replaced and painted trim),
tiled the entry way, replaced all regular light fixtures in the house (brass) with silver or nickel fixtures,
Replaced ceiling fans with more modern styles
Installed princess ceiling fans in the girls' rooms
replaced all outside light fixtures, two of which are motion sensing
built and installed a BEEFY workbench in garage,
built kitty door in storage room,
removed hideous antenna from roof
built hinged window well cover
replaced 40 gallon water heater with a 50 gallon model,
Installed security system
installed digital thermostat
replaced older style dishwasher with new, high end dishwasher
installed faux wood blinds and vertical blinds for the 8' window and sliding back door.
Added 2 new power outlets to garage
added dedicated power outlet for auto kitty litter box.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but that gives you an idea of what I'm workin with... Like I said, they are all fairly small jobs, but each one takes time... Time that I don't really have! lol I travel for a living, so this all has been done on the weekends!

Once again, thanks for the kind comments!

Welcome Leroyme:
Your place looks beautiful to me. You are doing a good job with it.
The Kitchen sink faucet looks like the Moen in my sink. I also like the mantle clock. Is it real wind-up clock with hammered chimes?
Glenn

It is a Moen faucet! I LOVE IT!!!!! I have replaced all of my faucets (except the jacuzzi bathroom's faucets) with Moens. I love the quality and styles of them!
I also like the mantle clock, but unfortunately, it is a pretty cheap clock. Battery operated, electronic chime. Looks good, though!

Latest posts

Back