DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Soundproofing a Vent

Old 10-02-2008, 10:07 PM  
scytheye

Default Soundproofing a Vent

Hi all - I rent a room and it has a vent above the door that is useless as it leads only to the hall. It is very decorative but it is also a VERY good conduit for house noise. I want to fill the gap between the vents with cork or some other cheap sound dampening material. Is there anything cheap that I can use to put in the gap, which is 13" x 6" x 6" deep?

Thanks,
Josh

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2008, 11:23 PM  
Square Eye

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Look in the big box store near you (Lowe's, The Home Depot, etc.)
They should have ceiling tiles that can be easily cut to size and you should be able to cut more than one to that size from one tile!
Cheap, light, small enough to handle even in a car

[URL="http://www.houserepairtalk.com/announcement.php?f=39&a=6"][size=3]The Ten Commandments of House Repair Talk[/size][/URL]

[URL="http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=289528&ck="]Square Eye's home page[/URL]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply