What type of saw blade?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaskBoy

Reaction score
I have a Milwaukee worm-drive circ saw and will be demoing 2 x 8s, 1/2 ply with tarpaper and sand on it and my going thru some nails and flashing here and there. What kind of blade should I use? Thanks.

Carbide tipped 16 to 24 tooth blade. No need for anything expensive for demo work. You should be able to find one anywhere for around $11.00

The carbide blade will keep cutting after hitting and cutting nails. It will eventually fail but it will last as long as any blade out there. Sometimes you can get a value pack with 6-12 blades at a ridiculously low price. Well worth it for demo work

Thanks. FYI, this saw is circa 1982 but was only used to cut surfboard outlines in polyurethane foam like 10 times. It has never been used since. I guess it'll be ok for this use and hopefully more down the road.

It was suggested to me to use the cheap Piranha blades when I had to tear up old flooring. It worked great, and I still use it for rough cuts. I think I got 2 for $7.

Good saw, stick with the cheap blades and throw them away when you see smoke.

Latest posts

Back