Best type of flooring in the bathroom

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaynarie

Reaction score
I recently purchased a new home and the vinyl in the bathroom is in very bad condition. The house is on a slab and has no subflooring- everything is directly on the concrete. So, what is the best type of flooring to install in my bathrooms? I believe the reason the vinyl is so bad is due to moisture getting under it.
TIA

Ceramic tile is a good choice, sheet vinyl is also a good choice but moisture is a problem for all floor surfaces. There is no perfect solution to cover everyone's particular situation but I like tile on concrete floors.

My idea of a best floor is ceramic tile with epoxy grout. It will last forever...

Tile on concrete floors, and mabey with some radiant floor heat underneath. They make it in electric matts.

Just to keep you thinking.:D
If it is a large area over 10 feet, cut a expansion line in the concrete, and put the grout joint there also. This way if it cracks, it is on the joint, and not breaking tiles.

Have fun.

Latest posts

Back