Bathtub Spout Leaks Behind Spout (pics)

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was anyone able to buy a replacement tub spout for masco 32192? I am unable to find a matching replacement. Thanks,

John

Hello John:
I see what you mean. I went to Google and found you already there. I'm not familliar with the brand but most tub spouts are universal, having the shower diverter or not. Have you taken yours off and carried it down to the Home Depot, Lowe's, or the local plumbing supply house? They may be able to help.
Glenn

I bought my tub spout to home depot and lowes and they had no clue... there were a couple of people replied to this post earlier and had similar experience. I wonder if anyone was able to find a replacement part somewhere? I tried universal ones but those are simply too small. The fitting hole of my spout is about 1 1/2 inch in diameter so the universal spout can't fit in the pipe.

You may need to change your line of thought. Start with checking with the older local hardware store first, I have found many obsolete parts at ours in the next town over. Then if there is no luck, go to your plumbing supply house, they will have something to fit. Call a local plumber, there has to be a supply house somewhere nearby.
The box stores are good for discount stuff, not parts when you need them.

Hello all. I just bought a Masco 32192 at Lowes yesterday. It's in disguise as a Delta RP5834 tub spout (with a Masco 32192 sticker hidden underneath the spout). I can't for the life of me, figure out how to install it though. The existing copper and adapter don't match the diagram on the new spout's packaging.

It is all to often the instructions fit a broad variety of models. When you take it out of the box and look at it, can you see the difference holding it up to your old one? They may have changed design. Looks to me like you could cut off old adapter with sawzall, then sweat on a half inch coupling, with the proper length of pipe to recieve modern model spouts, that slide on with set screw underneath. I just cant believe there is no hope for repair of old unit. Good luck....

I just went through this. The Delta RP5834 includes the adapter that is probably already on the pipe. I just removed (unscrewed) the inner brass ring from the back of the spout, and then it threaded right onto the old adapter.

Thank you, that worked. I was unable to remove the brass adapter by hand so I bought a 1/2" threaded fitting and screwed that into it. Then, unscrewed the fitting and adapter all at once. I put the new o-ring on the old adapter and screwed on the new tub spout. No leaks!

I just replaced the Masco 32192 with Delta RP5836 removed the brass adapter works perfect.

MASCO 32192 is the same as Delta RP5834

I tried calling Masco, and they gave me Delta's Customer NO service, who told me that if it did not say 'Delta' on the faucet, it was not theirs...

Well, I went to Lowe's and bought the Delta RP5834, and guess what? It IS the same, and even has the MASCO 32192 sticker under the spout.

All I had to do was take the brass thread out of the new one (and the o ring), and screw it over some Teflon tape onto the old fitting.

YEAH!

Thanks to everyone who posted here!

Was anyone able to buy a replacement tub spout for masco 32192? I am unable to find a matching replacement. Thanks,

John

I had the same problem to find the exact replacement until I noticed a hex screw on the side of the assembly on the wall that after I unscrew I removed it and left the bare 1/2" coper pipe (see my pictures nex133's Gallery). Now I will replace it with any type of bath spout that I like.

Have a leaking Masco 32192 also. Nex, can you tell me how to remove the spout. Can't turn the spout all the way, get's locked somehow.

Thanks so much.

Ding

Last edited:
Doing a quick search, it appears that Delta is part of the Masco corporation. It also appears that the Delta RP5834 is a replacement for the Masco unit you have. I would call the Delta customer service line and confirm what is the correct replacement, but this looks promising...

Back