DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > HVAC > Totaline thermostat blinking "Heat On" before the fan comes on.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:22 PM  
Maybeitwillwork

Default Totaline thermostat blinking "Heat On" before the fan comes on.

My thermostat blinks "Heat On" when the inside temp reads less than the temp that I set. After a few minutes the fan turns on and the "Heat On" indicator stops blinking and is on. Is the heat actually on when the indicator is blinking and if so how do I keep it from turning on while the fan is not blowing. I don't want to waste money by running the heater for no reason.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2009, 10:20 PM  
kok328
Supporting Member
HRT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 116 Times on 101 Posts
Likes Given: 65

To answer your first question, simply check the furnace burners when the tstat is blinking.
To answer your second question, you don't want to turn the fan on until the heat has reached a certain tempature or you'll feel a luke warm draft. Having the blower come on before the flame will actually cost you more due to running the blower before the temps are ready.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply