Question on Cornerbead around Closets

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RESMom

Reaction score
I need some opinions please. I hired a small jack of all trades type company to re-drywall my newborn daughter's room. I hired them before Christmas and the 10x12 room still isn't complete but that is a different story. Anyway, on Monday they reported they were complete and had packed up their suppliers. When I got home and into the room I was not happy with what I saw. First of all, all the seams had cracked so there was the first upset phone call. Then, I noticed that the external corners in and around the closet had no cornerbead on them. When I called them back they said they have been doing drywall a long time and unless I specify that I want cornerbead then it doesn't get done and I should just put up trim on the outside of the closet and ignore the unfinished part inside the closet.

That doesn't sound right to me - never would I have thought I had to specify that I wanted those external corners finished. Is it standard practice to leave the external corners of a closet unfinished like that?

Thanks for any advice!

Sounds like shady dealings to me. What does your contract specify. You need a good contract and a start and finish date in CT. Fl has even stricter rules. Try to fix it with them first, then get a Dept of consumer protection complaint....then a lawyer.

I just ran across this problem ....... WOW, remind me never to hire a drywaller from Orlando. I agree with Inspector D ... Happy Lawyer !

Latest posts

Back