DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > Introductions > New homeowner, old house........in PA.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:57 PM  
HautingLu

Default New homeowner, old house........in PA.

Hey yinz.....just wanted to introduce myself. Came across the "my first home, my first project" post and it inspired me to register and to start learning what I can. I got a loooong project ahead of me.

I recently bought my first house - an old farm house close to work. It was on the market for about 2 yrs and I think I got a good deal on it. It's a large lot and a big house, but needs work.

It was built in the 1900's, purchased by the owner's parents in the 1940's to raise cattle. The current owners have lived in it since 1975. So there is a lot of history. As a bonus, the property has a "shed" the size of a small mobile home

I'm sure you'll be seeing my posts around the forum.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2009, 05:01 PM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 132 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 337

Default Welcome

WE love old homes and the stories and questions that go with them. Get ready for a fun, but possibly long journey.

Just My
Made in the

Old 03-10-2009, 05:05 PM  
HautingLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspectorD View Post
WE love old homes and the stories and questions that go with them. Get ready for a fun, but possibly long journey.
Just a long journey? I can live with that. For a second I thought it might be a long and expensive one

Forgot to mention, this old house is now part of the (lax) HOA. So in the short term I will be making minor fixes to appease the HOA. That will give me time to save up and start planning the rest of the house.

Quick Reply