DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Outdoor pipe mess

Old 03-23-2009, 08:40 AM  
Chickensaur

Default Outdoor pipe mess

Hello all,

First off I'm not entirely sure this is the right place to be posting this. If I'm in the wrong section, then I'm sorry and an admin can feel free to move the thread.

I have an outdoor pipe mess and am looking for some ideas/help. I took some pictures and posted them to an online album.

As you can see I have one pipe going up from the ground with the master on/off for the house. That pipes goes into the house. The second pipe seems to come out of the house, goes down and then goes back into the house. On the inside of the house, both pipes feed into these two cylinders, which I don't know what they are either.

(1) Anyone have any idea why these pipes are setup like this? It just seems weird that I would have one pipe going from the ground into the house and a second seem to come out from the house only to go back in.

(2) I also have leaks in three spots, the first two are right near where the spigot attaches to the wall and the other is at the base of angled pipe coming from under the spigot. Going back to the earlier question...if I can get rid of the pipes instead of trying to replace that would be great. Or if I can replace them in a better scenario or path that would be great as well.

(3) I also have a PVC pipe that has been capped (not visible in any of the pictures). It's part of my irrigation system that I would like to get working again. I can't seem to be able to get the cap off. Anyone have any suggestions? I have grips that seem to just tear up the PVC on the cap.

I know it's a lot but thanks in advance to anyone looking and responding!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply