'toe-touch' tub drain not stopping water

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dakuda

Reaction score
When I redid my bathroom, I put in a 'toe-touch' tub drain. It does not stop the water now. I would like to replace it with a simpler drain stop. Are all the threads on the drains the same, or are they all different so that I have to replace the entire assembly?

If you are just replacing the pop-up with either another toe-touch or, a lift and turn you may get lucky and have it screw right in.

If you are replacing the flange and pop-up you may run into trouble with the threads in the drain shoe being an odd-ball thread. Watco makes adapters for some of the more common ones but not all of them...
look under accessories/bushings at this link....
Watco Mfg. Co. Spec Sheets

If you are looking to change out the entire waste & overflow assembly then I would recommend highly this Gerber grid drain. It catches hair before it can become a problem and IMHO is the finest drain available...

41-810.jpg

It is a drain that easily could go 50 years in place...

Last edited:
When I get to it, I will go with a lift and turn. Nice and simple, I shouldn't have tried to complicate things. I hope it will just be as simple as screwing right in.

Latest posts

Back