Update: ok, so the wires I need to check must be the ones opposite each other, in the middle on each side... I traced them (small gauge, one red, one white) into the house and to the evaporator. They connect to a switch of some kind which is connected to pvc piping coming out of the evaporator. Don't know if that is a pressure switch or what. I disconnected the wire nuts there to test voltage and the first set of connections tested at about 26 volts. I then took the wire nuts off the second connection and tested those--they were at 26 volts also. In the process of doing this, I pulled the wires apart and had to reconnect them. After I cleaned the wires up and reconnected them, they sparked and the compressor kicked on... So, I went back to the compressor and tested the wires on either side of the contactor and sure enough--26 volts. Those same wires before read 0 volts. Something is going on at the evaporator. Either at that switch or something else that I don't know about. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm wondering if this is a low pressure situation and the system needs to be charged or what... Thanks!