DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Loose faucet spout

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2009, 03:11 PM  
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4
Default Loose faucet spout

Hi. I recently bought a new kitchen faucet and had it installed by a plumber, as I know nothing about installing plumbing fixtures. The faucet looks very nice, but the spout has a lot of play at the bottom where it attaches. In other words, it wiggles. When you turn the water on, the spout moves up and does not wiggle while the water is running. We asked the plumber about it and he said that it was made that way. He said it was meant to prevent damage to the spout if it were hit with a pan or something. I am naturally skeptical. One time after getting a toilet installed, the plumber told us that we would have to hold down the handle in order to make it flush. It turned out that after we adjusted the water level in the tank, the toilet flushed without a problem. Since then I don't trust anything that a plumber says. So I contacted the manufacturer, Price Pfister, and they seemed to think that replacing the spout would solve the problem. They sent us a new spout assembly free of charge. So my question is - who is correct here? Has anyone ever heard of a faucet with a spout that was made to wiggle? Should I ask the plumber (or someone else if possible) to replace the spout assembly? Thanks for your help.

StrayKatt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:32 PM  
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Grand Blanc, MI
Posts: 2,724
Liked 241 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 113


Never heard of such a thing but, that doesn't mean they don't exist. Tradesmen can come up with some really believable bull. You gotta give him some credit for creativity.
What is the model of your Price Pfister?
Price Pfister, apparently doesn't understand and their quickest exit is to send you a replacement part.
kok328 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:10 PM  
Emperor Penguin
Nestor_Kelebay's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 1,844
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Can you find a picture of the spout on the internet so that we can see what kind of spout it is? There are different kinds of faucet spouts and they fasten to the faucet body differently.

If you can go to Price Phister's web site and enter the model number of your spout in the search engine in the top right corner of their home page. If you find your spout, just copy the URL of the web page and post it in here.

Alternatively, if you can find a picture of your spout, just right click on the picture and then click on "Properties". Then put the mouse cursor at the beginning of the Address/URL and press the left mouse button and drag to highlight the entire URL. With the URL highlighted (and only the URL), press Control c to copy the URL to the clipboard. Then come in here and click on the postcard icon. In the URL entry line, press Control v to paste the URL into the entry line. Then click the OK button.

Like this:
Nestor_Kelebay is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter DIY Home Repair Forum Replies Last Post
Bathtub Spout Leaks Behind Spout (pics) wallix Plumbing Forum 32 10-09-2012 07:01 AM
Unthreaded Tub Spout Leaks martingoon Plumbing Forum 11 01-08-2012 02:57 PM
Help replacing tub spout windkd Plumbing Forum 1 06-23-2009 10:30 PM
leaking hand basin spout handywomannot Plumbing Forum 1 06-12-2009 05:44 PM
Tub Spout Leaks into back of wall cdoug55 Plumbing Forum 4 01-27-2009 09:32 AM

Newest Threads