DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > Introductions > Hi!

Old 11-07-2009, 08:05 PM  
Scrobo

Default Hi!

Hi there.

My name is Adam and I'm a first time home owner (700sqft bungalow with an unfinished basement) about to turn 31. I don't know a whole lot about renovating but I've managed to come this far without blowing the house up. I've built some fences, knocked down an interior wall, plastered a new wall, lay vinyl tiles, lay carpet, built a captains bed and lay trim. I'd say I had the most difficulty building the wall out of plaster.

Found this forum because I am looking into building rooms in my basement and trying to maximize sq footage in the house so I can get a bedroom down there for my teenage son and expand my living room to the entire width of the house. So future plans are:
-Finishing basement
-Knocking down walls
-Updating a bathroom
-Building storage areas
-Eventually adding an extension
-Replacing windows
-Installing crown moulding and chair rail
-Laundry chute

So since I didn't take many shop classes and pretty much have gotten by with common sense and the internet I thought i would join a forum where there may be people who can tell me how to do it. I love forums. I purchased a 50+ yr old boat on a whim and joined a boating forum. without those guys I would never have been able to complete the project. the internet is a wonderful thing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply