DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Leaky Sink

Old 05-31-2006, 07:18 PM  
jncwbb

Default Leaky Sink

The water in our sink is leaking out of the top of the ring connecting the neck of our fixture to the base. this is a brand-new fixture, replaced due to the exact same problem happening with our old system.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2006, 11:53 PM  
asbestos
Good with caulk

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

buy a fixture made out of something that does not leak. if the other one did it it is either defective or you are installing it wrong. RTM

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="3"][B]Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 06-09-2006, 10:16 AM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Hello JNC:
I perceive you may be talking about the sink faucet. The neck usually has an "O-ring" or two around it and a collar that slips over the neck and screws onto the base. If this is the case you could take it apart again and inspect the o-ring(s); if it/they are in good shape you need to carefully adjust the torque on the collar. If it is too lose you get a leak; too tight you damage the o-rings and cause a leak also. There is a range of "happy medium" there and it will work just right, allowing the neck to swing from side to side and preventing any leaks. I realize you may have been talking about something entirely different but this is the picture that was painted in my mind; let me know how it turns out for you.

Quick Reply