DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Bathroon remodeling plumbing

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2010, 12:50 AM  
Emperor Penguin
Nestor_Kelebay's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 1,844
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts



Let's refer to the picture in Handyguy's post.

My understanding of what you're saying is that the P-trap you have would fit better if the radius of curvature of the "U" (where water is retained) were larger.

Instead of making the "U" wider, would using an offset tail piece like the one shown below solve the problem?

Offset tailpieces are used under sinks in hospitals and nursing homes so that someone in a wheelchair won't bang their knees into the p-trap when using the sink.

Nestor_Kelebay is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter DIY Home Repair Forum Replies Last Post
remodeling riley1234198 General Home Improvement Discussion 10 06-15-2012 05:21 PM
Remodeling costs granite-girl General Home Improvement Discussion 6 01-19-2011 05:07 AM
Oven remodeling elisamatt General Appliance Discussion 3 06-25-2009 11:36 AM
Bathroom remodeling bbqsteve Introductions 9 11-28-2008 05:35 PM
Remodeling for dissability JCM General Home Improvement Discussion 1 09-10-2007 05:42 PM

Newest Threads