Horizontal Pivot Rod

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milbel

Reaction score
I am remodeling our bathroom and am installing a new sink & faucet assembly. The horizontal pivot rod, that came with the faucet assembly, is too short for the span between the drain and the faucet on the sink by 2-3 inches.
Is there anywhere I can buy a longer pivot rod, or a way to adapt the standard one?

Hello, sometimes you have to make a bend in the vertical extension piece that comes down from the "lift rod" of the faucet. You should have an extension rod with a wing nut or thumb screw to adjust up and down, and holes in that piece to slide over the "pop-up" rod on the tailpiece of the drain from bottom of sink. Is this correct? That "pop-up" rod is usually a standard length. You may need to bend the extension piece to slide it over the "pop-up" rod. Kind of making and "s" shape in the vertical extension. Hope this makes sense.

Time to go to a decent hardware store and buy a piece of rod the same diameter as the ball rod and a rod coupling...

lmri.jpg

What hardware store would you suggest to obtain such an extension part? I have gone to my local big box stores, and neither has it.

Your local contractor plumbing supply house will have what you need.

Back