DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > Introductions > I bought a "project for life."

Old 01-29-2010, 06:12 PM  
zolasattic

Default I bought a "project for life."

So I was told by one of the fellows who has done some work on my house. I don't doubt he is correct.

It's an adorable 1890 Victorian cottage that pretty much needs everything touched from the roof on down to the partial basement. So far I've done 1 of the bathrooms, started on the kitchen & have had some roofing & plumbing repairs done. A resource such as this will be invaluable, I'm very glad to have found it.

The place is closed down for the winter (no heat yet), but my mind races with all of next spring's possibilities. As always, there is the list of things I can do myself, and then there's the list of the things I can't. With this collection of go-to experts on my side, I hope to maximize the former list.

I'm happy to be here & hope to make your acquaintance soon. Thanks, folks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 06:15 PM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 511 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 150

Zollas, Welcome to House Repair Talk. Make yourself at home and we will be glad to help where we can.

Post some pics of your project, we'd like to see it.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:35 PM  
zolasattic

Default Project pics

I've attached some pics of my "project," including some before & after. The bath is a small master; one of these days I'll install a nice pedestal sink, but for now it's quite a relief just to have replaced most of what was there with clean, functional & inexpensive fixtures. The kitchen is obviously a work in progress; it's almost too bad the pics aren't scratch 'n' sniff so you can get the full effect.

IM000991.jpg   Master bath before.jpg   IM001093.jpg   Bainbridge House  moritz wedding b and a 8-08 012.jpg   IMG_0230.jpg  

Old 01-31-2010, 06:13 PM  
subzero

hi Zolasattic,

Welcome to the site, you have a nice work,keep it up..

Quick Reply