DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Windows and Doors > old storm windows

Old 02-14-2010, 04:11 PM  
sumsmum

Default old storm windows

Hi! I am fixing up a home BEFORE I buy it. I need to get it up to par for inspection. I am wondering if anyone knows a good source for CHEAP old storms. I think the house originally had the hanging one piece windows, and those would be fine. There are also aluminum frames for storms and screens, and many of them are missing. These are LARGE windows (33X64 and39X70). I am not in a position to put out for replacement windows. and I love the old wood.... Help!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2010, 09:39 PM  
Doorguy4ya
door guy 4 ya

Send a message via Yahoo to Doorguy4ya

you can make these yourself using brake aluminum....measure the width and height you need to cover the existing outside casing, then make a frame over the size and install a peice of glass using holders.....you can view 'how to make alumnum windows" in DIY.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:50 PM  
kok328
Supporting Member
HRT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 115 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Fixing up before you buy? What guarantee do you have that your not actually fixing it up for the current owner?
In my area, they have a shop called "Restore" this is ran by Habitat for Humanity in which you can purchase previously used items at a discount and the proceeds benefit the cause.

Quick Reply