DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Is there a solution for horizontal hood duct?

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2010, 06:16 PM  
inspectorD's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Litchfield, CT
Posts: 4,490
Liked 264 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 772

Default well

As long as you like takin a shower with the ductwork...that would be fine.
From actual experience, I can tell you, those walls are both the back walls of the showers in the bathroom. Look at the plaster pressed through the wire mesh...and the bottom of the tub. Then the bottom of the other has the ol lead flashing at the base..on the other side of that...I'm guessin tile.

Just My
Made in the
inspectorD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:08 PM  
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: , Western Hemisphere, N of the equator
Posts: 2,471
Liked 176 Times on 162 Posts
Likes Given: 108


Originally Posted by inspectorD View Post
Look at the plaster pressed through the wire mesh
Good eye!

I guess it's against Code to use a plumbing vent pipe as a range hood vent pipe.

Why not run a vertical 3-1/4" duct between the studs, up or down, until you can go horizontally, with maybe a 24vac booster fan at the distant end?
If Broan won't help with this, ask them for the Fan Curve
for this hood blower and use the Engineering Toolbox to calc. the duct airflow resistance.

Last edited by Wuzzat?; 02-24-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Wuzzat? is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter DIY Home Repair Forum Replies Last Post
Horizontal furnace nealtw HVAC 2 01-15-2016 08:22 AM
Stuck horizontal sliding basement window cjs Windows and Doors 1 03-18-2015 03:34 PM
Horizontal Pivot Rod milbel Plumbing Forum 5 03-04-2011 08:28 AM
What is the technical name for the horizontal piece of trim on a Victorian home? IHATERUST Carpentry and Woodworking 1 04-30-2010 05:53 PM
Painting old wood horizontal siding intern.arch Roofing and Siding 2 08-25-2009 11:39 PM

Newest Threads