DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Painting Forum > painted furniture

Old 04-10-2010, 07:23 AM  
PSILY0869

Default painted furniture

I have an old chest that i sanded, primed and painted using a hi-gloss latex and then top-coated with poly-urethane. after 24 hours of drying time it is still 'tacky' to the touch. how long should i expect to be completely dry to the touch? should i have used different paint?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 06:09 PM  
Nestor_Kelebay
Emperor Penguin

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Was the latex paint completely dry before you applied the polyurethane?

How long did you allow the latex paint to dry before applying the polyurethane, and can you describe the drying conditions. That is, was the painted chest in a cool room or in a small room where the increase in humidity could have slowed the evaporation of water from the latex paint?

Old 04-10-2010, 09:17 PM  
Cork-Guy
Cork Flooring Pros

Why didn't you just stain the chest instead of painting it? I'd assume as the above poster that the issues is due to you not waiting long enough for the polyurethane to set and dry. Humidity can play a role, but with the time of year it is I'd doubt that be an issue unless you have a serious moisture problem.

[B][URL="http://www.corkflooringpros.com"]Cork Flooring[/URL][/B] - [B][URL="http://www.ventless-fireplace.org"]Ventless Fireplace[/URL][/B]

Old 06-28-2010, 12:48 AM  
peterson

The colors include clear blue, blue-green, apple-green, reseda, canary yellow, parchment, Chinese red, mulberry, almost anything you want. Black painted furniture with cleverly designed and brilliantly colored decorations is exceedingly smart.

[url=http://www.memorybits.co.uk/shop/compact-flash/samsung-8gb-35mbs-compactflash-memory-card-mbcp8g371/19159]8gb cf card[/url]

Quick Reply