Need Evergreen Shrub Suggestions

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neel2004

Reaction score
I recently had to build a shed, and would like to place some shrubs around it so it doesn't stand out quite so much, and to mask the gap that the shed runners create.

Unfortunately, when I planned ahead for the gravel shed foundation, I did not think ahead for landscaping -- otherwise, I would have left two feet for plants to grow.

I've got about a foot on each side of the shed to plant. Right now, there is 3" or so of gravel down, but I can move some to plant whatever kind of shrub I choose.

Please suggest some sort of evergreen that would work well in this space -- I would prefer bushes that will grow into a small hedge. I'm thinking about 2 feet high will probably work best, since the shed side walls are only 6' high.
Here are some pictures that may help visualize what I'm working with:
From Help me pick shrubs
From Help me pick shrubs
I'm located in Marietta,GA, so I am in hardiness zone 7B. Due to the shed, each side probably gets sun about half of the day.

Thanks for your help ahead of time.

You could probably grow a two foot high hedge in the one foot of space around your shed, but I think it would look sort of funny. From your pictures you seem to have enough space to expand the planting area.

As to what you might plant, you'd do best if you went to a good local nursery for advice and a selection of plants for your area.

Look into Box Wood or Japanese Holly they are good hedge shrubs. But it always best to go to your local nursery. You can do a search on line for nurseries in your area they usually have good info on their sites.

Latest posts

Back