I Need Advice!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kristinski

Reaction score
Ok, this is the side of my house. (We just had a sidewalk poured. That's why the yard is mud.) The area jutting out where you can see the down spout going is a back porch. I'm going to add some window boxes under those windows, but I'm really trying to figure out what to do with the gaping hole under that area (it's open toward the front of the house, too.) I considered filling it in with cement blocks and then painting it and the rest of the stne foundation the same color. I have also considered putting lattice up like you see on the front porch. What do you think? I'm open to ALL ideas!

2010_0510425090054.jpg

There appears to be no contrasting colors for trim. I would put up a different colored lattice around all open areas for ease of access later if needed and for appearance. Then paint the trim to match. That way the white would no be so stark and the color would add character along with not showing the rain splashed residues against the house. With that said, the other blocks need painting too for uniformity.

Last edited:
i too would add lattuce, but would keep the color the same unless you were planning to repaint something else to complement the new color.

I think white lattuce would be the way to go but what is that material below the porch at the other end of the house ?

How much space is down there? I have a friend who's on peer and beam ad he uses a section of it to store his yard stuff, dirt and what not.

lattice - And whats with that down spout? Doesn't look right. Water should be directed away from the foundation.

How much space is down there? I have a friend who's on peer and beam ad he uses a section of it to store his yard stuff, dirt and what not.

I think that's a better idea... It can be useful if it will be done that way.

Back