DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Bricks, Masonry and Concrete > Hairline crack in exposed aggregate slab

Old 05-30-2010, 06:21 AM  
danny1951

Default Hairline crack in exposed aggregate slab

I have an elevated exposed aggregate concrete slab built on a steel structure. It is about 7 years old and measures 10'wide x 20'long. The contractor placed reinforcement wire in the slab when it was poured. Just noticed a hairline crack in the concrete about in the middle of the slab running lengthwise. The crack does not run the entire length but starts and stops along the same line. How can I repair the crack before it gets worse?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2010, 06:30 AM  
itsreallyconc

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

exposed aggregate repairs require a great deal of skill so i'll bet you can't,,, you don't mention slab thickness or stay-in-place forms so we're left to guess,,, the contractor didn't properly ' joint ' the slab IF you're saying its cracking on the 20' measurement,,, if on the 10 end, not enough steel reinforcement would be my guess.

it all sounds underbuilt to me BUT perhaps you can post s'more information,,, epoxy injection OR adding steel underneath are things to consider,,, that crack's your indication of trouble NOW but JUST repairing the crk won't fix the trouble

were i you, i'd be calling in some experts incl a pe,,, good luck !

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply