DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Bricks, Masonry and Concrete > Water Ponding on Slab?

Old 06-28-2010, 04:29 PM  
doc_j

Default Water Ponding on Slab?

I've got a concrete situation I wanted to run past the group to see if one of the new concrete/polymer overlay products might be a good solution.

I've got a section of concrete patio/driveway that goes all the way to the foundation of my house. Over the last few years, I've noticed a little settling such that if it rains, I get a 1/4-1/2" puddle (about 6 foot square) that sits right against the foundation. I haven't had any water leaking into the house yet, and I've run a bead of sealer at the joint, but it may just be a matter of time.

What I was wondering is whether laying down an overlay layer of one of these new "flexible concrete" products that is maybe 1" thick at the house and then feathered out to original concrete might be a good way to keep the water from pooling there. For aesthetic reasons, I would think a 12' x 12' area is what I'd be looking at for the overlay.

Thanks in advance...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2010, 08:05 PM  
itsreallyconc

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

use those products every wk to do exact same thing among other problems/enhancements/decorative improvements,,, you cannot buy 'em at the apron stores, however,,, more selections avail by googling ' decorative concrete overlay materials ',,, most will require extending w/clean 3/8"clean aggregate

Old 06-28-2010, 08:46 PM  
doc_j

Thanks for the quick reply. If I might ask, what exactly do you mean by, "most will require extending w/clean 3/8"clean aggregate?"

Thanks again.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:47 AM  
itsreallyconc

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

increase the bag's volume by adding clean 3/8"clean aggregate

Old 06-29-2010, 08:09 AM  
doc_j

Got it...thanks.

Quick Reply