I have a Heatilator gas fireplace model # ND4236i. Recently, my home sustained a pretty good surge during a thunder storm. It destroyed the compressor on my central air conditioner, new computer, damaged my fireplace and a few other things. While inspecting my fireplace I noticed that the intellifire ignition system control module (#593-592) showed physical signs of being burnt. I was unable to get a volt reading from any terminal on the module except from the power supply leads. So, I replaced the module and crossed my fingers in hope that this was the only thing that got damaged. After the replacement of the control module the pilot will light but the main burner will not. The ground wire is securely attached. I can not see any noticeable damage to any of the wires and I tested them all with an ohm meter. The pilot does not continue to spark after the pilot flame has been lit and I tried resetting all of the wired to no avail. It seems like the valve is bad (#750-500) as there is only a 2mvdc reading at main burner once the pilot lights but if I disconnect the main burners lead from the valve and check it - there is 3.8vdc there. I would appreciate any direction someone can offer.