Affordable Home Decor Items

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dyson

Reaction score
Decorating a home is not one of the easiest things to do since you always want to select items that will not only suit your style but will also look good. The trick is to identify the best place where you can get your items from and this place should provide you with a variety of items to choose from and at affordable prices. You don't have to worry about your home decor anymore as there is a place you can simply choose items at discount prices. If you want to get good quality items for your home and garden cheaply and save a lot in return, just visit a number of High quality sites available online offering their services.

Some of the items you can use to decorate your home and garden which are also important when it comes to relaxation and soothing are the wind chimes. Wind chimes come in many types and are made of different materials such as glass, bamboo and metal. They can be used in the home or the garden and apart from the material, you can select depending on the sounds you would like to hear. You can get a variety of wind chimes and at good prices such as Lark Wind Chime, Moonlight Wind Chimes and Chicken and Egg Wind Chime among others is on a number of sites online. It's important it to get a wind chime that suits your style and will provide you the soothing effects you want whether they are in the home or garden.

True....Walmart surprisingly has great home decorations. They have really stepped things up

According to my point of view home and office decoration is a very interesting task but is not at all an easy task. I think there are many objects that add to the beauty of your home like interior decorative plants, light-weight wooden furniture, attractive wall-paintings, color lights according to your mood and more. :cool:

Well nowadays there are too many shopping websites, where not only you will get the things which you need for your home decoration but you will also get them on a discounted price. These products are reliable and many of them come with the money back guarantee.

wind chimes? haha....okay. yeah, they are good i guess.

Yeah its very interesting to decorate the room ourself. We can make any style place any interior at any place. Good. Please show us your decorated room

Yeah there are so many good things are there which we can use to decorate our room like crystal lamps for walls, carpets, Colorfull tables and wall sheets.

Walmart is good. But we often find ourselves at IKEA for inspiration. They do a nice job laying out various rooms in their showrooms. And you can't beat their prices.

wind chimes? haha....okay. yeah, they are good i guess.

Dollar store wind chimes just don't cut it. Most of the time they just clatter. I was fortunate enough to run into a musician who made wind chimes with the proper tonal range (I don't really have the right words to explain). 20 years later, I am still impressed with the sound. He also used a heavier wind catcher, so the chimes don't start to get crazy in a slight breeze, just an occasional note on a calm day.

Decorating my room is one of my way of relaxing..It helps me with my everyday thinking skills..

I can confirm that Ikea is really good, affordable products and their offer is big

IKEA is generally affordable and often good - I'd say 1 in 10 items are really good. But I wouldn't go for decorating whole rooms there - it's gonna look IKEA-style as hell and that's not good.

Walmart has a good collection of home decor items. I once had a reovation done by avonlea renovation and I went to walmart to buy some vanity mirrors. Their selections are good and only costs about $20-$30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walmart stuff where I live is pretty much junk. Although, maybe that is just my standards. I grew up around people who were good at carpentry and built things out of solid wood, so I'm a bit spoiled.

I've found some nice stuff at flea markets (although nowadays you are more likely to find newer junk instead of good quality antiques).

There used to be a Habitat For Humanities ReStore about an hour away from me, but it closed. ReStore was a cool and had very low prices on stuff. If you have one near you, it might be worth checking out.

MM small ones are fine but the big ones especially bamboo are not so ahh serene :)

Hey guys,

I just saw noticed this thread, and it seemed like a good place to show you something I did today in this very category.

Our neighbours (great people, BTW) are putting up a nice new fence at their expense, so my son and I took down the old cedar fence put in when our house was built 30 years ago.

The wood had weathered to a nice silver, and it seemed a shame to throw it all in the landfill, so I thought I'd try using some as a wall decoration. I evened out some of the boards on my table saw. Then I attached some one-by-three furring strips to our living room wall (screwing them to the studs), and attached the fence boards to them using a hot glue gun.

I found that a normal graphite pencil made nearly the same color the wood had aged to, so was able to use that to darken any edges where the wood's original colour (exposed by the saw) peeked through.

Here's how it turned out. My phone camera doesn't do well with things this subtle—I'd say it looks about twice as good in person. (My wife likes it, so it can't be too terrible!)

It just shows you that something this simple—not to mention, free—can be useful if you consider it with a bit of imagination. And of course, recycling's always a good idea. Cheers, Z.

living_room_fence_boards_00.jpg
living_room_fence_boards_01.jpg

I used to be all about affordable decorations until I got a bit of the creativity bug and decided to repurpose old things we have that are hard to dispose, like an old refrigerator now turned into a cabinet of sorts.

Back