Search results

Help Support House Repair Talk:

  1. latelifebiker

    Lawn drainage pipes/Duct tape?

    I walked by a neighbor's house today where a 4-inch drainage system is being laid in to handle the flooding in her back yard, At the street where the pop-up drain (UGH! hate 'em) is being installed, the crew is using DUCT TAPE to join the black corrugated pipe to the white PVC up elbow. I don't...
  2. latelifebiker

    Installing separate toe kick pedestals under tall kitchen cabinets

    Among the replacement kitchen cabinets we ordered from Thomasville are two tall (92") storage units. They're 12" deep and 36" wide, to be used as shallow pantries. The cabinets ship with separate pedestal platforms to fit under them and create the toe kick at the bottom. My guess is that if...
  3. latelifebiker

    HVAC duct and Outlet box in same wall cavity???

    For a kitchen renovation I have to relocate both an existing HVAC wall vent and an existing 110v duplex outlet. The cabinet that I plan to install on that wall will cover both existing items. It's not a long wall and there's ALREADY a duplex outlet in the middle of it but facing into the...
  4. latelifebiker

    There are 3-conductor cables in my breaker box (???)

    UPDATE: If you find yourself gleaning information from this thread, then BE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE LIST OF POSTINGS. The information here evolves as members add to the detail of the situation. I am quite grateful to all who participated. -llb I've looked at a lot of circuit breaker panels...
  5. latelifebiker

    7/16" subfloor in my house?!?!?

    Why would the builder of my recently purchased, early '80s house put down 7/16" plywood over the floor joists, then build the partition walls on top of it, and THEN put down 3/4" plywood as underlayment BETWEEN the partition walls? I would have most assuredly put the 3/4 down as the subfloor. In...
  6. latelifebiker

    Using SECURE SET foam on posts

    After some research I decided to bed my 6 X 6 deck posts in a product from GRA Services called Secure Set. It's a high-density expanding foam, and they use it out west to install utility and power poles. Now bear in mind I'm building a very LOW deck--just 13 inches off the ground-- and I'm...