06 Charger build

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking I may end stroking my engine to a 392 or 6.4 Hemi?

What is the price difference?

About 8k. I can stroke it and buy what I need to install it for 7-8k. I can build a race motor which is also stroked for 15k.

Letting it sit the garage and collect dust. Drive it on occasion. It really is a waste of money but I like my projects. I will probably hold onto it for quite a few years if I do it right. Luckily I have no money into the car which helps.

Found a Machine shop to build my Stroker motor. Place out of Arizona. Looks like I will have the motor I want within a few weeks. This motor is for sale if anyone needs it.

Found a Machine shop to build my Stroker motor. Place out of Arizona. Looks like I will have the motor I want within a few weeks. This motor is for sale if anyone needs it.

Looks like a great anchor in its current state.

OK, I settled on building a 5.7 stroker, all forged and balanced Crank, rods and pistons, bored .030 over, cam and a few other goodies. Not sure if I am going to port and polish the heads yet, not sure if I am going to need it. When the motor is done it will be a 6.6 liter 396 Hemi. I should have the motor in my hands in about 4 weeks if there is no back orders on parts. I am kind of excited.

Chris, PayPal just called me to say you are overdrawn on the account and want me to cover the overages. ;)

Please do, I am a little short this month.

No prob, what are buddies for.

Are you planning on traction bars? Beefing up the rear end? Suspension build up?

This one should need traction bars with this motor but if it does I will. I will be doing full suspension and steering upgrades along with a good set of tires that are affordable so I can keep replacing the rears. I am looking at rear end upgrades but there is not a lot available. I will at least get a better cover for cooling and run a good synthetic fluid. Trying to figure out what I might need for trans upgrade. Everyone says its good now but if I have the motor out its easy to pull the trans at this point. This is getting expensive quick.

So are you completely gutting the smog crap? Are you still going to try to retain the license plates? Off street only? Insurance? Street legal?

It will probably be easier to get through emissions in Idaho, if they even have testing there.

No testing in idaho. That and so far the only thing I will be taking off is the cats. It will still be computer controlled minus the mds system which is what shuts it down to 4 cylinders on the highway. I could have kept it but it involves different valve springs which means less power. My mileage may drop a bit or a lot, depending on my foot.

Back