06 Charger build

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far my shelf is getting full of parts.

I am planning on pulling the transmission to have a little work done next week. Get a little more flow out of it.

very cool project. I think that this is a good reason for you to invest in a 2 post lift lol. removing the k member and dropping that engine and trans out the bottom would probably have been a whole lot less aggravating. great job, it is amazing you got it out without breaking anything

It was a pain and my brother was helping who is an ASE diesel mechanic which means he is not delicate. I think I spent most of my time yelling at him to be careful. We had about 1/16" room on all sides. It was like a surgery.

Well my motor showed up yesterday. It sitting in a crate in the back of my truck, need to get it on the stand and make it pretty. Also need to pick up an intake manifold then I am ready to put it back in.

That would look great in a jeep!

I bet it would. I already have a 5.9 Magnum in my jeep.

I've been shopping for jeeps. Damn ridiculous prices.

Good idea...

Finally ordered what I think should be the last part i need to install the motor. The intake manifold has been my enemy. I didn't want to spend over 400 bucks on a factory plastic molded intake manifold. They have very little aftermarket support and the factory one in my car is full of piston pieces I can't get out. I finally bit the bullet and ordered one that was about 350 bucks. Now to put the thing together. I am making my brother come out from Arizona to help me since he helped take it out and knows where most the bolts go. So hopefully when I get back from Idaho in a couple weeks I will find the time to put it together. Of course if my house sells quickly I might just have to pack it all up and do it later.

Next question is, do I keep the original motor and build it someday or scrap it and forget about it?

Is it worth dumping money into it? Its a hemi, build it for the jeep...just s thought.

Yes and no. If I needed a motor yes but I don't. It would need to be bored and then have the heads done or buy new. Could build a motor just like the one I bought if you wanted to. It still ran when pulled but it has a little scoring on one cylinder and one head has marks from the piston busting apart but it looks all cosmetic.

Well, just put this project on the back burner for a bit. I was going to try and get the motor in before I moved but decided I don't want to rush it and there is a bunch of little stuff I want to do to the car and the motor before install so I will pack it all up and move it to idaho. Put both motors in the bed of my golf cart last night and drove that into my enclosed trailer. Thinking of making a trip up there next week.

Its loaded on the trailer heading to idaho on thursday.

That would look good in my boat.

Doesn't your boat already have a bigger motor?

Yeah, it does. I have the 454 ci MPI with fuel injection. It puts out 385 horse. I'm wondering why no boat builder I know installs the Hemi? Weight? Reliability? I really don't know anything except my block is all black, and not as purty as your block.

MONEY! They have it down to a science anyway. No matter the size of your boat, and the engine . If you all start at the same place and speed . every boat will have a half a gallon of gas when you reach a certain point . Don't matter the size of your gas tank. One boat may have burned more gas , but you will all be at 1/2 a tank . Ask me how i know ..:)

Back