2 black wires, 24v, from Copeland Scroll Compressor

Help Support House Repair Talk:

Flarfum25

Reaction score
hi all. my outside unit isnt running because the contactor isnt getting the 24v. The 24v is good going into the outside unit but it connects to the 24v wire of the compressor going in and then low voltage comes out. In short, seems like the 24v from the compressor is shot. Most things i read dont even talk about the 24v wiring that some compressors have. Do i need to have this connection or can i run the 24v straight to the contactor and leave the 24v wiring alone for the compressor??? thoughts?

kok328

Reaction score
I'd like to see a pic of what your talking about. Typical unit will only have 24V to the relay coil and that's it, so I can't picture in my head what your talking about.
Make? Model?

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try replacing the capicitor

Flarfum25

Reaction score
I'd like to see a pic of what your talking about. Typical unit will only have 24V to the relay coil and that's it, so I can't picture in my head what your talking about.
Make? Model?
copeland compressor zr34k1

yeah, i see all the typical 3 wires. This has a 24v going in the top and one coming out. You run that in series with the contactor. No 24 power is coming out of the compressor so contactor doesnt pull in. I've tried finding what exactly the 24v does with the compressor to no avail. think its an overheating safeguard.

kok328

Reaction score
copeland compressor zr34k1

yeah, i see all the typical 3 wires. This has a 24v going in the top and one coming out. You run that in series with the contactor. No 24 power is coming out of the compressor so contactor doesnt pull in. I've tried finding what exactly the 24v does with the compressor to no avail. think its an overheating safeguard.
Your make/model is for the compressor itself and they provide for alot of manufacturers. What is the brand of the unit not the part.

I googled your part and it does not show and 24V connections or wiring as I expected. A Pic is worth a thousand words.

Is this a Heat Pump unit by chance?

kok328

Reaction score
Better yet, can you show us a wiring schematic for the unit?
Possible printed on the back side of one of the panels on the compressor unit.

Latest posts