2002 Ford F-250 4x4

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must be tired of workin on this truck! I never say just let the dealer fix it!!

I think it still might be low on fluid, personally I would add another quart to see but that is just me.

I hate the dealer. Bunch of con artists around here.

Thats what I have heard. I just googled it to and found someone with the same problem as you, rebuilt his trans and then OD didn't work, took him 22 quarts to get it going adding little by little. Said his dip stick didn't change much in between.

Well, for what it's worth, you done a heck of a lot better than I could of. If it were me, it would all be in the back of a dumpster headed to the salvage yard bu now.

Don't you have a transmission shop nearby that does good work you can take it to?

I know how you feel, taking time, spending money and not having the result you hoped for. Hang in there, take a deep breath, it will work out.

Well, for what it's worth, you done a heck of a lot better than I could of. If it were me, it would all be in the back of a dumpster headed to the salvage yard bu now.

Don't you have a transmission shop nearby that does good work you can take it to?

I know how you feel, taking time, spending money and not having the result you hoped for. Hang in there, take a deep breath, it will work out.

Story of my life.

dont know of any good trans shops. I normally own trucks with manual transmissions so i never needed one. the only reason I bought this auto truck is because I thought it was a deal I couldnt pass up and I have a bum left leg and a stiff clutch is hard on it. lesson learned though its back to manual trans for me I'll just deal with the stiff clutch its a lot cheaper

So did you add any fluid today?

Did you light a match?

Did you forget the keys in it in the bad neighborhood?

Its at ford this morning I did ad a little fluid but it started goin up on the stick so I stopped its still doin the same thing

Thats gonna hurt your wallet. They will probably tell you that you need a new trans along with $2500 in other misc repairs.

I towed my 5th wheel to Colorado in Oct for deer hunting and my ball joint took a crap on me out there so i took it to the deal and told them I wanted to get a price on the ball joint repair. Well after it sat there for three days they got back to me to let me know that there is 2 grand worth of misc crap that needed to be done. I told them No Thanks I will take my truck elsewhere and then I had to pay them a hundred bucks for the inspection that I specifically asked them not to do.

I told them not to do anything but find out whats wrong and tell me what I need to do when I pick it up. I have a pretty good relationship with the parts man up there and they have worked with me so far. They actually let me buy a shifter and plug it in and see if it helped then when it didnt they let me return it for a full refund. That is pretty much unheard of when it comes to electrical parts usually they say no refunds on electrical parts. So maybe I will come out ok. we will see when I pick it up.

I really would like to light a match!!!!!!!!!!

Well chris...............you were right the trans man at ford said the codes that he pulled make him think its internal. He also said the only way to know for sure is for him to tear the transmission down and check it. He said it could be the wrong clutches which its not. Or a warped housing, a warped housing is possible because I did not have it checked before the rebuild. I brought it home and started checkin stuf and found a ground that I forgot to install behind one of the housing bolts so I fixed that and I slowley added a quart of fluid and it is definatly shifting better but the stupid O/D light still starts flashing after driving it for a while. The leval on the dip stick is still not showing overfull so I might add more fluid but to much fluid worries me. At this point im gonna work on it till its fixed and sel it or trade it for something with a manual trans.

Start like I do, start with simple and cheap and work your way up. Assume something stupid that you are not thinking of. Whats the worse with adding more fluid is you will have to drain some and also make sure you are checking it at proper temp and with the motor running and in Neutral.

Actually my dipstick says to check it in park and hot

There is drain plug on the trans pan so its not a big deal if have to drain some

Back