2002 Ford F-250 4x4

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkWood

Carpenter/Fabricator
Reaction score
So I figured I needed to start a build thread on My F-250............I will start with My tranny rebuild. I bought a transmission jack from Harbor freight, I ordered all the parts from Monster Transmission, I'm starting to regret it not sure if I will use them again. The parts are ok the kit even came with 18 quarts of synthetic fluid and a nice trans cooler, its just the tech service I'm not impressed with.

View attachment Photo10202024.jpg

View attachment Photo10192100_1.jpg

View attachment Photo10192100.jpg

View attachment Photo10192059_1.jpg

View attachment Photo10192059_2.jpg

Is that the torque shift trans. 5R110? Thats what I have in my 03 and my 06. They are both great trucks. I have the 99 with the 7.3 also in bually and 12' bed but don't recall which trans it has.

your 99 should be a 4R100. or it could be a E4OD but i thnk the 99 is a 4R100

The 99 is a 350 service truck with a 12' bed, don't know if that makes a difference?

Dont think it matters they went from the E4OD to the 4R100 in 99 and went to 5R110 in 2003. as far as I can tell thats for all 350s and 250s.

I guess I will worry about it if it goes out.

Hopefully not. It is a good truck. Is yours on the road yet?

no not quite work keeps slowin down the process and i have to buy a torque converter before i can put it back in and they aint cheap.

Made some progress tonight!! i put new o-rings and gaskets on the pump and got it installed and the bolts torqued.the main assembly is done and sealed. now for the valve body and the rebuild will be complete.

You getting excited about driving it again?

did some valve body cleaning this evening and started puting it together.

got the valve body rebuilt tonite all i have to do is bolt the pan on and the tranny rebuild is done! now i have to buy a $600 torque converter so it may have to sit another week or two..........

Back