2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by zannej, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Mar 23, 2018 #41

zannej

zannej

zannej

Not all of the Gen2 Ridgelines have AWD, the trunks are smaller (although the bed is more accommodating for a tonneau cover), and they haven't worked out the kings in mechanical and build issues. There are reports of computer issues where things don't shut off properly, leaks, and other problems. I'd wait on pulling the trigger on a Gen2 until they work out those kinks.
    Gen1 Ridgelines (particularly 2013 model) had very good ratings on consumer reports, edmunds, etc. Plus, there's that large trunk. There are some things that it could use improvement on, but it's still a solid vehicle.

My brother had a friend put his struts on and his truck is running smoothly now.

2. Apr 15, 2018 #42

zannej

zannej

zannej

So far the truck has had new tires put on, new control arms w/ bushings, new front struts, rebuilt transmission, new AC compressor, and new brakes/rotors (front & back). Tire shop didn't know how to do alignment on this truck bc they've never worked on one before.
    He's still having some electrical issues with power not going to a front left map light and the rear right brake light.
    He's getting error messages & the cruise control won't work. Only the dealership would know how to fix it, but he's still mad at them for not reporting issues with his transmission when they did the first inspection. As far as he can tell, there's nothing wrong with the catalytic converter. And he may still have a leak somewhere in his AC system.
    I feel kind of bad that it has so many problems, but his other truck was much worse.

I'm going to knock on wood and be happy that my Ridgeline has been ok thus far.