480V Plugged Lockouts

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clcmbtn

Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can get the above? I want to be able to plug 2 480 cords together then put a lockable cover over them so someone on the job can not disconnect them.

Hubbell sells a whole line of 3 phase plugs and sockets they make some that have a disconnect so the plug can’t be inserted without the disconnect open. I believe those have a lock opening. They are not tiny things and are not cheap.

Cost is not an issue. Trying to keep employees safe. Thanks, I'll take a look and see what they have.

LOTO is Lock Out Tag Out.

Of course you are correct. The slogan where I worked was lock out tag out life on the line. The OP may want to consider the LOTO lock system on his application along with the tags as it explains who's lock is on the cover and why they don't want to override it. loto.jpg

Of course you are correct. The slogan where I worked was lock out tag out life on the line. The OP may want to consider the LOTO lock system on his application along with the tags as it explains who's lock is on the cover and why they don't want to override it. View attachment 24846
Tagging is an integral part of LOTO and is the law, in the eyes of OSHA.

Back