'85 Ford van

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty

Flooring installer
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Finally started work on it. 351 only has 122,000, so not rebuilding it. 4 BBL card is rebuilt, new valve cover gaskets. Next will be to tear off the running boards, fiberglass is rotten. Most of them did not have any.
Then fix the passenger side electric window, redid the driver's side a few months back.
Not much body work to do. One rust hole and a dent in the hood. Looking for a hood, they used the same one for about 10 years.
Work will be slow, it is already around 100 heat index in the afternoons. I had a heat stroke once, so I have to be careful.

Well, get your butt out of bed and get some work done before 11:00 am....just say in...

Don't forget pics...we love pics...

Changed the passenger side window motor yesterday.

Yeah, running boards are rotten and they have to go.

Took it out on the interstate a couple weeks ago for the first time in a long time. Ran great. Most of my work is in town within a couple miles of home.
That 351 4bbl with a tow package is not kind on gas.

351 was never good on fuel and don't know why.

This one is geared low because it has a tow package.
Removed the running boards. I think it looks better without them.

View attachment 001.jpg

I love those old vans, always wanted one, came close a clouple times, but still wish I would have gotten one...oh well.

Just put new tires on it.

I just put new tires on two of my trucks, went with Falken Wildpeak AT3 with a 60k mile warranty and they were cheaper than all the other all terrains.

Still planning on working on the old van. Just have not had the time. Trying to get the Chevy minivan fixed so I can sell it.

If you bring it out here I'll give you a hand

Back