'95 Chevy C1500 Silverado

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, a 2007 with 185,000 miles, expect major repairs soon. My Lexus SUV is also a 2007, and I have 85,000 miles. When I went to trade it in recently, they said I could expect to only get about $9K because of my mileage. Instead, I will trade my daughter for her 2003 Toyota pick up, so she can drive something newer, and I will have a spare pick up on my side yard when I get a new car in the next month or so.

Good point. But hopefully it will be better than the current truck. Current one doesn't even have the emergency brake connected.
That is, if we can get the price down enough. My bro is not a good negotiator.

So, my brother finally sold the hunk of junk and the buyer hauled it off. I think he just wanted it for parts-- but it's no longer uglying up our lawn.

That's what most Chevy are good for anyway.

I've had good luck with them all my life .

I've had good luck with them all my life .

They are good vehicles I just like poking some fun at them being a Mopar Ford guy. I do own a couple Chevy work trucks.

Trying to sell the '95 Lumina. Just want it gone. Needs a muffler, heater core and oxygen sensor. runs good after it warms up. Just don't want to mess with it anymore.

We have a Ford, A Nissan, a Chevy and a Dodge. Don't see much difference, except the Chevy is hard to work on.

I don't have any Fords anymore, I used to be only Ford. Now I have a fleet of Mopar. I agree they are all about the same quality anymore.

The guy who bought my brother's truck had it parked in a mutual friend's yard. The friend's girlfriend called me and was on the phone when some guy came into the yard and started looking in the windows of the truck and studying it. She went over to ask him what he was doing and he said he was interested in the rims and body. I immediately messaged the current owner to let him know about it. When I went into town later, the owner was loading it up on a trailer to haul away to a safer location where people were less likely to steal the rims.

The guy who bought my brother's truck had it parked in a mutual friend's yard. The friend's girlfriend called me and was on the phone when some guy came into the yard and started looking in the windows of the truck and studying it. She went over to ask him what he was doing and he said he was interested in the rims and body. I immediately messaged the current owner to let him know about it. When I went into town later, the owner was loading it up on a trailer to haul away to a safer location where people were less likely to steal the rims.

I'm starting to think you live in the ghetto.:eek:

I'm starting to think you live in the ghetto.:eek:

My friend does. The house he's in now used to be a crack house. But, drugs are a major issue in this town and a lot of the junkies steal to support their habit. It doesn't help that it is well known that one of the cops is a major drug dealer and the other cops either help or look the other way. Hell, there are some members on the force who use drugs and haven't been fired-- and I'm talking heavier stuff than marijuana.

As an update, the guy who "bought" the truck & took the motor out & took parts off of it never paid my brother a dime for it (and probably never will). He still owes my mother for a loan but I don't think he's going to pay her back either. He was going to start repayment last December but his house burned down. Not sure if it was the same fire where his stepfather tried to murder his mother & set the house on fire & locked her in the room or if that was a separate fire.
I really don't like people around here.
The good news is, the 07 Ridgeline is nice- although our best friend is borrowing it while he tries to fix up his Mitsubisih eclipse lemon that he got defrauded on. That's why I don't like it when people buy from private sellers.

Latest posts

Back