A brief introduction

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I found this group and many of the posts relate to my current project. I recently bought a 115 year old building that was a church. It’s 850 square feet and has been basically abandoned for the last 14 years. The foundation is good and the roof is straight. Many of the floor joists have rotted so fixing those is my current project. At the same time I will encapsulate the crawl space and turn it into a conditioned space.

The building is located in the Annapolis Valley region of Nova Scotia.

None of the work involves scares me and I can do all of it. Im a technical person and have experience building things like a 1,000 square foot heated workshop, minor house renovations, and generally fixing stuff.

I believe this group as a bunch of valuable knowledge. I’ll also share what I know about fixing houses and things in houses that need to be fixed.

Well, you perked my interest. Please take pictures, we love pictures!

Welcome to the forum Albert. I love old homes and structures from the period you are undertaking. It will be fun following your progress. I have a thread I started with my last journey and you are welcome to add to that as it is a thread for all to share or you can start a new thread just about your projects. https://www.houserepairtalk.com/threads/how-to-buy-a-“fixer-up”-house-to-be-a-home.17318/

Pictures are great as mentioned above.

The folks here are very helpful and will give you a variety of ideas and you can do with them what you like.
:welcome:

Latest posts

Back