A case of the uglies

Discussion in 'General Home Improvement Discussion' started by sheslostcontrol, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Nov 21, 2009 #1

sheslostcontrol

sheslostcontrol

sheslostcontrol

What can be done with the front of this little home? I'm looking at it to renovate & live in, but this porch (like the vinyl siding) is just horrible and must go. But that would leave an exceedingly boring home to look at from the street.

[​IMG]

As part of renovation the roof is being replaced, so if I *were* to do something it would need to be done then. I'm not envisioning adding a whole new room - actually I'd like to keep costs relatively low (under 2k would be great).

Could an overhang be installed with pillars? Or should the existing decking be widened a bit so there is more room for an outdoor table & chairs?

[​IMG]

The living room is behind both front windows.
    [​IMG]

The house sits about 50' off the road.

[​IMG]

help?

2. Nov 27, 2009 #2

Launchpad

Launchpad

Launchpad

Personally, I would widen the front deck a few feet and wrap it around to the back deck- which I assume is also in pretty rough shape.

It looks like if you did that, you would lose some of the bottom part of the driveway, which I don't think would be much of a loss.

The lattice, at least the lattice on top, needs to be taken off. It has a weird feeling to it, kinda like somebody was playing a joke on ya:)