A case of the uglies

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheslostcontrol

Reaction score
What can be done with the front of this little home? I'm looking at it to renovate & live in, but this porch (like the vinyl siding) is just horrible and must go. But that would leave an exceedingly boring home to look at from the street.

IMG_0458.jpg

As part of renovation the roof is being replaced, so if I *were* to do something it would need to be done then. I'm not envisioning adding a whole new room - actually I'd like to keep costs relatively low (under 2k would be great).

Could an overhang be installed with pillars? Or should the existing decking be widened a bit so there is more room for an outdoor table & chairs?

IMG_0461.jpg

The living room is behind both front windows.
IMG_0460.jpg

The house sits about 50' off the road.

IMG_0466.jpg

help?

Personally, I would widen the front deck a few feet and wrap it around to the back deck- which I assume is also in pretty rough shape.

It looks like if you did that, you would lose some of the bottom part of the driveway, which I don't think would be much of a loss.

The lattice, at least the lattice on top, needs to be taken off. It has a weird feeling to it, kinda like somebody was playing a joke on ya:)

Latest posts

Back