AC Disconnect Replacement

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin099734

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could give me suitable replacement options for this AC disconnect box. Do I need a certain type or amperage. I have attached pictures of everything. Looking to do this DIY. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• AC Disconnect 3.jpg
    AC Disconnect 3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • AC Disconnect 2.jpg
    AC Disconnect 2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • AC DIsconnect 1.jpg
    AC DIsconnect 1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • AC Unit Specs.jpg
    AC Unit Specs.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • AC Unit Exterior.jpg
    AC Unit Exterior.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
They are pretty standard. I installed this one for my new basement unit. HVAC disconnect It isn't rocket science replacing one if you're handy. Turn the power off and remove the wires, remove the box, install the new one using the existing conduit connectors, reconnect the wires and turn the power on.

Is your concern the rust on the cover? I'd clean it, hit it with a rust converter like available at Amazon or other retailers. And then repaint.

JENOLITE Rust Converter | Rust Reformer | Convert Rust Into A Ready to Paint Surface | Neutralise & Prevents Rust | 500ml (16.9 fl oz)​

All I know it the disconnect amperage MUST match the amperage of the A/C unit. My inspector caught a difference when I purchased my home and the previous owners were ordered to fix it.

All I know it the disconnect amperage MUST match the amperage of the A/C unit. My inspector caught a difference when I purchased my home and the previous owners were ordered to fix it.
The one I linked would be acceptable. They aren't fused so as long as the amperage rating isn't lower than the unit you're good. If the unit drew more than 30 amps he'd need to install a larger one. According to the sticker he posted his unit has a max breaker rating of 25 amps, but that is the breaker not the disconnect.

Back