AC ventilation in small windowless garage office

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruceville

Reaction score
I have been working from home in a small, windowless garage office 10 hours a day. Previous owner set-up a window AC unit that pumps in air from garage. Room stays cool enough but concerned about healthy air. Adding window to room would be challenging. Could potentially add an exhaust fan to wall. Maybe a skylight (more$$). Any advice? Would I want air to exhaust out or fresh air to come in?

I have been working from home in a small, windowless garage office 10 hours a day. Previous owner set-up a window AC unit that pumps in air from garage. Room stays cool enough but concerned about healthy air. Adding window to room would be challenging. Could potentially add an exhaust fan to wall. Maybe a skylight (more$$). Any advice? Would I want air to exhaust out or fresh air to come in?
Both

The last thing I'd want is a window A/C unit!
Do you also need heat as well as A/C?
Does the room need more natural light?

Here's what I have-
IMG_0616.jpeg
Window unit connected to ducting exhausting into garage

office 1.jpg
Tiny windowless office with air on right side

No window. Natural light would be great but only available exterior wall is possible shear wall and don't know if can install window. Heat not necessary.

I'd suggest that you install air grilles if you're concerned about the air flowing from your ac. It maintains the circulation inside your garage office by sending out the conditioned air outside and drawing in fresh air. It's also not a great idea to add an exhaust fan in the wall since it would only make the room hotter and add up to your electric bills.

Back