Advice - Tankless Water Heaters !

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandy2982

Reaction score
Hi ,

I finally decided to replace the water heater I have with a tankless one. After some research, I narrowed the choices down to two "finalists": Takagi and Rinnai tankless water heaters. Rinnai seems to have some advantages, among them higher output (8.3gpm vs. Takagi's 6.9gmp) and, most important, lower kick-off flow (0.5gpm vs. Takagi's 0.75gmp). On the other hand Takagi seems more spread than Rinnai and also I could find a lot of information for Takagi and almost none for Rinnai.

Need some advice from people who are using these water heaters.

Welcome Sandy:
I don't have a tankless water heater but, if my geo-thermal heat and cool didn't heat my water, I would have a tankless. The water heater companies say it is the greenest, most efficient way to go because you only heat the water being used.
In your case it looks like the Rinnai would be the best choice.
Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the guidance. I have bought Rinnai and its working great for me ! It serves two baths simultaneously ! Thats simply amazing to me :)

I have Takagi gas fired tankless water heaters at my home, my office and at 3 of our rentals. They are now working work well, but we encountered a number of issues when installing them, all of which turn out to be generic to most gas fired tankless units.

I’ve put up this page describing some of the installation issues we encountered, and how to resolve them:

Tankless Water Heater Installation FAQ

Reactions: jks
Back