AFCI, GFCI

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie_T

Reaction score
I have never seen either one so I am asking are they made in the USA or China?

I just bought 7 Eaton All-In-Ones for my basement project. Theirs are assembled in the Dominican Republic. No idea where the individual components are made. I suspect globally, and certainly some parts could be from China. Hard to avoid these days. Current code requires them on residential lighting and receptacle circuits in new construction or remodeling.

I just bought 7 Eaton All-In-Ones for my basement project.
If there is a patent number on that thing, I'd like to know it.
Few companies [there was one that I know of] are willing to defraud the USPTO so the patent text should contain minimal BS. More objective text, less persuasive text.

If there is a patent number on that thing, I'd like to know it.
Few companies [there was one that I know of] are willing to defraud the USPTO so the patent text should contain minimal BS. More objective text, less persuasive text.
None listed on the information card from the package. There may be one listed on the instructions sheet.

I am not going to purchase any · · · just wondering if again the government has again made regulations that favored Chinese goods as it did with energy efficient lighting.

Almost certainly, & Game Theory explains why.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/2534520

So you think game theory explains why federal regulations for AFCI/GFCI breakers “almost certainly” favor Chinese manufacturers. As evidence you cite a 35-year-old journal article that compares international trade in the 1930s to changes in international trade policy during Regan administration. The author of that paper thinks that what her paper shows is that changes in trade attitude and strategy “could lead either to negotiation that opens markets or to retaliation that closes markets.” Given the astounding leap in interpretation you have made, please give an explanation of your model (Since the paper’s author left the details of her mathematics for a later paper, you can do the same unless you feel it is necessary for your explanation.

In my response to your original comment regarding game theory, I called your comment delusional. That was being too generous because delusion indicates you truly believe what you said. I think what you are actually doing is much worse – bearing false witness. Your explanation of your game theory models might clarify the issue.

Back