Air bubbles when flushing

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I attempted to edit and add the following comment, but apparently the edit button has been excluded.

If the WC is of the "water saver" type and you hold the flush lever down, thus initiating a double flush, that vacating of fluids in the mouth of the trap leaves an air space, causing bubbles.

Other may as well be a configuration of the rapidity of the expulsion.

Nothing to worry about, just resist the temptation to gasp in amazement.

The larger the bubbles, the lower the alcohol percentage.

Was the WC assembled in parts, or just moved from one place to another, intact?

By whom?

Take the tank lid off and adjust the float level to lower the fill level of the tank, also see if the tank easily rocks side to side or front to back.

By my oldest I believe, there's no movement front to back or side to side, no leaking either. I don't think i can lower the water level any more or there won't be enough to flush

Attachments

• 20180327_220455.jpg
    20180327_220455.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 5
All new WC's are "water saver" in that the flush is 1.6 gal.

One of the tests to determine where the bubbles are originating is to slightly lower the tank level, and thereby the flush volume, flush and note any change, another is to use a 5 gal. bucket of water slowly poured into the bowl, which will initiate a flush and continuing the pour until the bowl refills, and note any bubbles.

Latest posts

Back