Air compressors and attachments

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm glad to see that.you guys kept this thread alive and well in my absence. I still haven't bought an air compressor. I do have a nail gun that came a couple of days ago, so now I need to get the compressor. These past 18ish months have been difficult and not because of covid. My mom has been in the ICU twice and was on the vent a few days this last time, then in a nursing home for rehab for 7 weeks.... and my body is falling apart, bit I am damn determined to do some of the things I want to do on days that I can and an air compressor would help with that. I dont need it urgently (obviously) but I don't need it for quite as many reasons. I painted the inside of most of my house including ceilings, while she was in rehab.
So... my question now, and it is a dumb question, what type of nail gun would I need to hang new t1-11 siding. It's not a project I am doing currently and I hope that I can. But I'd like to know how best to prepare for it and that project would be the biggest project that I would use it for. The house is 28x50, single story ranch.
Also... appt in April to hopefully get to the root of whatever is wrong with me, but i refuse to give up whatever it is.

Good luck to you and your Mom. Sorry to pry, but based on this post and a couple others, I'm thinking you have Fibromyalgia and it's Sister, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. If so, I would suggest finding a Functional Medicine MD to work with and try a Keto diet. If you don't know, the functional part means they look to heal the root cause of illness instead of constantly bandaging it with drugs.

In the second link is a search engine for practicing MD's in your area.

The third link is a Documentary episode you can watch for free that features lots of Doctors and PhD's that talk about the history of food and how it relates to everything. It gets real deep. I saw it a couple of years ago and highly recommend it. The first result, S02 Episode 01 is what I'm pointing to. I'm trying to find more episodes, there is 11 or 12 I think.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/fibromyalgia/can-ketogenic-diet-improve-fibromyalgia-symptoms/
https://www.ifm.org/find-a-practitioner/
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+real+skinny+on+fat+

I have a Craftsman 3 Gallon 1HP that's 15 years old and it works great still. It's from the time period where "Made in China" wasn't an almost guarantee of failure. Then again, there are brands made in China that insist on quality like Makita. I also have a Porter Cable pancake compressor new in the box as a backup, but will use the Craftsman until it's done for.

I have used it for everything from filling tires to putting up Tongue and Groove on my 50' x 16' Patio ceiling. It does just fine, albeit it's annoying because it never shuts up in a big job like that. I don't think it would handle lugnuts though.

My only experience with a Nailer brand is Freeman. I have their 4 piece set P4FRFNCB, which includes the Brad, Framing, Finishing and Stapler and has a 7 year warranty. I couldn't be happier with them, as I have dropped them a couple of times on concrete, and they just shrug it off. 4 drops of HF oil a day keeps them happy.

I have a Craftsman 3 Gallon 1HP...

I don't think it would handle lugnuts though.

My only experience with a Nailer brand is Freeman. I have their 4 piece set

If it can do 90 psi or more it should do lugnuts with a decent air ratchet tool... the tool should only have to work hard for a second or two... then it's just spinning them easily off or on...

Never heard of Freeman brand before... are they USA made?

What kind of nailer did you buy? A framing nailer would be appropriate for hanging plywood siding.

This is what I got, I paid less than that price with a promotion that was going on
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X39ZNF...abc_7PWGFQP4ZRB4KCV3Y97M?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Good luck to you and your Mom. Sorry to pry, but based on this post and a couple others, I'm thinking you have Fibromyalgia and it's Sister, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. If so, I would suggest finding a Functional Medicine MD to work with and try a Keto diet. If you don't know, the functional part means they look to heal the root cause of illness instead of constantly bandaging it with drugs.

In the second link is a search engine for practicing MD's in your area.

The third link is a Documentary episode you can watch for free that features lots of Doctors and PhD's that talk about the history of food and how it relates to everything. It gets real deep. I saw it a couple of years ago and highly recommend it. The first result, S02 Episode 01 is what I'm pointing to. I'm trying to find more episodes, there is 11 or 12 I think.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/fibromyalgia/can-ketogenic-diet-improve-fibromyalgia-symptoms/
https://www.ifm.org/find-a-practitioner/
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+real+skinny+on+fat+
Yes! I do have fibromyalgia, recent diagnosis (although I have suspected for a few years), I was also diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica and on steroids for 3 months, which helped my stiffness and spasms tremendously. But because I still had pressure point tenderness the rheumatologist took me off the prednisone and told me to get a second opinion. He diagnosed both and doesn't treat patients with fibro. I really dont care much about the muscle fatigue and tenderness, as long as people dont touch me, I only notice the muscle fatigue in the evenings most of the time... feels like a mild case of the flu. However, I have classic symptoms of PMR and those symptoms are debilitating at times. I got stuck once trying to straighten back up from bending over and thought my boys were going to have to carry me to my room.

Diet: I have been trying to figure out how to incorporate changes here, I fix my moms meals and she is pickier than a 6 year old who wants chicken nuggets from McDonald's during a freak ice storm with no gas and flat tires and no electric..... okay, that was dramatic.... but she is picky.
I could actually pull off a carnivore diet fairly easily I think. I have stopped drinking my beloved pepsi, it's only been 10ish weeks.... no difference in how I feel though. However, my feet don't swell anymore. I have a.couple of books on Paleo and I thought I had some keto but I haven't come across them yet. I LOVE youtube videos so I will check those out. I just realized my KETO books might be on my kindle.
I have had joint/tendon problems since I was 15, tested for Lupus, RA. I just gave up after 2 decades until Jan 2020 when these became daily problems. I also have chronic achilles tendonitis, that was gone... but it back. I'll watch those videos though and feel free to send more, or a youtube channel for me to check out.

Thanks a bunch!

This is what I got, I paid less than that price with a promotion that was going on
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X39ZNF...abc_7PWGFQP4ZRB4KCV3Y97M?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Yes! I do have fibromyalgia, recent diagnosis (although I have suspected for a few years), I was also diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica and on steroids for 3 months, which helped my stiffness and spasms tremendously. But because I still had pressure point tenderness the rheumatologist took me off the prednisone and told me to get a second opinion. He diagnosed both and doesn't treat patients with fibro. I really dont care much about the muscle fatigue and tenderness, as long as people dont touch me, I only notice the muscle fatigue in the evenings most of the time... feels like a mild case of the flu. However, I have classic symptoms of PMR and those symptoms are debilitating at times. I got stuck once trying to straighten back up from bending over and thought my boys were going to have to carry me to my room.

Diet: I have been trying to figure out how to incorporate changes here, I fix my moms meals and she is pickier than a 6 year old who wants chicken nuggets from McDonald's during a freak ice storm with no gas and flat tires and no electric..... okay, that was dramatic.... but she is picky.
I could actually pull off a carnivore diet fairly easily I think. I have stopped drinking my beloved pepsi, it's only been 10ish weeks.... no difference in how I feel though. However, my feet don't swell anymore. I have a.couple of books on Paleo and I thought I had some keto but I haven't come across them yet. I LOVE youtube videos so I will check those out. I just realized my KETO books might be on my kindle.
I have had joint/tendon problems since I was 15, tested for Lupus, RA. I just gave up after 2 decades until Jan 2020 when these became daily problems. I also have chronic achilles tendonitis, that was gone... but it back. I'll watch those videos though and feel free to send more, or a youtube channel for me to check out.

Thanks a bunch!

I thought I PM'd you the first time, so I did now.

I know kids like that... my taste buds are rebelling against chopped and formed and glued back together meats... I have to have the real meat now...
I like hot dogs but as I was eating my Nathan's Angus Beef Weiner I wondered if it's beef why is it still pink after 10 minutes in my George Foreman grill?

I like hot dogs but as I was eating my Nathan's Angus Beef Weiner I wondered if it's beef why is it still pink after 10 minutes in my George Foreman grill?

That's the Pink curing salt, AKA Sodium Nitrite.

As far as wondering if it's beef, it's much more fun to wonder why people that work at the Hot Dog factories don't eat them.

I read that people that work at the microwave popcorn factories get cancer from breathing the fake butter dust...
Yep. I heard that eons ago, think the last micro popcorn I had was before the Internet was widely used.

Yep. I heard that eons ago, think the last micro popcorn I had was before the Internet was widely used.

I've been online since 1995, but had my first microwave popcorn maybe 3-5 years ago... I usually pop raw corn(1/2 white / 1/2 yellow) in oil and add real butter(lightly)... my old girlfriend used to add so much margarine it was like popcorn soup... I got her to cut it way down...

I've been online since 1995, but had my first microwave popcorn maybe 3-5 years ago... I usually pop raw corn(1/2 white / 1/2 yellow) in oil and add real butter(lightly)... my old girlfriend used to add so much margarine it was like popcorn soup... I got her to cut it way down...

1995 is around the time I learned the dangers about all those artificial "butters" like Margarine and Country Crock etc. I could get on a soap box, but it goes way back to the 50's and the influence on a very little known organization called the American Heart Association by Proctor and Gamble.

Continues to this day, with the "Heart Healthy" logo on all the stuff that isn't close to healthy.

I read that people that work at the microwave popcorn factories get cancer from breathing the fake butter dust...
It was not just the fake butter, but the process which causes "popcorn lung" disease. Also same condition occurs from 'vaping' fake cigarettes.

Back