Any rot repair wood workers have experience with this?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billbill84

Reaction score
Hi all. Posted this in the windows section too but I figured there may be some wood workers with the knowledge I need in here too.
I posted about my 18 yr old Pella wood casement window issues with the bottom of sash rotting away and mold. Most here have said it's probably from condensation as to why it's only on the bottom end of the sash. I no longer believe this is from condensation because as u can see in the pic, the mold started to grow from the outter edge and then spread inward. I don't want to spend 15-25k replacing all these damn windows with this issue.Question is, the sash bottoms that are still intact, I'm thinking of painting on some ofthat Minwax high performance wood hardener and then just skim coating overwith some Minwax high performance epoxy wood filler and then painting brown to match the wood. So can I do this if they're in this moldy condition with the black discoloration? I wonder if the hardener will murder the mold if I hit it first with the hardener solution. I'mnot trying to remove and scrub anything soI'm wondering if anyone has experience with this. Thx

Attachments

• IMG_0685.PNG
    IMG_0685.PNG
    213.2 KB · Views: 5
Back