Anybody Else use Firestick 4K to watch Television?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do You watch Television on Cable TV, Satellite, or Firestick 4k

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedneckGrump

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else uses the Firestick 4K to stream their TV. We dumped Satellite a few years back, and now stream all our television! Just wondering if there is anybody else stream...

We use Netflix, Paramount Plus, Hulu, HBO Max and Prime for streaming, and Directv for our satellite service.

I have a ROKU streaming stick but have done little streaming. I found that I could access my state's digital library with my library card and have read over 500 books in the last couple of years.

Hmmm... Looking like ROKU is the Biggest streaming tool... We had ROKU years back but didn't get too far in it... We now have a ROKU TV in our living room... But the other TVs are hooked up to 4K Firesticks...

Have to wait and see if anyone else contributes to the survey... Have a GREAT day all
Cheers~

IMO ROKU should have designed a better remote control unit before offering ROKU TVs.

The latest Roku comes with a new remote design that is rechargeable and has voice selection. What I thought was interesting is it also has a jack for the mini RCA headphone. I just bought wireless headphones and paid more than the whole Roku unit. If I had known that I would have upgraded my Roku on main TV.

I personally seldom use the voice feature.

One thing about Roku is their app store has a lot of great free apps and if you really get into it you will find there are also hidden apps that don’t show up I the store.

I mostly use an app (Romoku) on my Chromebook to control my ROKU streaming stick. It's far easier than using the ROKU remote (especially for searches). Many use a smartphone app but I am not into smartphones. I have enough typo trouble with my Chromebook reasonably sized keyboard.

roku at home , upstairs, and at the cottage. what i like is that yo sign on for one streaming channel and it is good on all three and my son connects to my Netflix

In speaking to a friend a week or so ago she seemed proud that she didn't own a TV. I didn't argue with her but I don't think a TV is a problem it's how one uses it. I would have one for use as a large screen display for my Chromebook if for no other reason. I often stream music by casting from youtube via my Chromebook in order to utilize my sub-woofer and sound system.

We don't have a lot of bandwidth so streaming is iffy especially if we wanted more than 1 stream at a time.

That is one thing I don't miss, commercials... I mean we still get the odd commercial on the firestick, but not like when we had satellite tv... Was at Buddy's place the other day, and we were watching an afternoon game, and I couldn't believe the commercials, like 5 to 7 minutes worth... WoW

Latest posts

Back