Anyone have a idea?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedneckGrump

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had two windows replaced in the house both were bay windows. We replace the front window with another bay window and changed the dining room window to a square window. So I am going to show the new window in the front, and what's underneath the front window, which used to be on the back window...

But I need ideas on how to fix the hole I have under the window now... Hard to match the brick, because the house is 61 years old, and that brick is out of style now... So any ideas would be appreciated...

20220818_134811.jpg

20220817_092152.jpg

Attachments

• 20220817_132220 (1).jpg
    20220817_132220 (1).jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
You could do a decorative panel out of a sheet of Azek cellular PVC with a trimmed out box a few inches in from each side. Paint to match the window. Azek is white and doesn't need painted, so if the windows are white vinyl you're good to go. Not sure you could get one the right size like I linked below, giving you the link to give you a picture that kind of shows what I'm thinking. You might even want to take it down to the foundation.

The look would be something like this: Raised Panel Window Trim

Maybe
You could do a decorative panel out of a sheet of Azek cellular PVC with a trimmed out box a few inches in from each side. Paint to match the window. Azek is white and doesn't need painted, so if the windows are white vinyl you're good to go. Not sure you could get one the right size like I linked below, giving you the link to give you a picture that kind of shows what I'm thinking. You might even want to take it down to the foundation.

We're thinking alike. W/O checking availability I was going to suggest maybe horizontal use of a vinyl raised panel shutter or door header trim.

Cool project. I'm impressed you can do something this involved by yourself! I wish I had that much skill/experience.

Thanks, @Sparky617 , Going to have a look at that at Home Depot, Thanks, Buddy!
Maybe

We're thinking alike. W/O checking availability I was going to suggest maybe horizontal use of a vinyl raised panel shutter or door header trim.
Thanks, @Eddie_T Going to look at ideas like that, never really thought about it before...
Cool project. I'm impressed you can do something this involved by yourself! I wish I had that much skill/experience.
Thanks, @Flyover, it's pretty much all self-taught... trial and error... If I really get messed up, I'll ask for help...

Thank you again guys for the suggestions...

Back