Hello forum- I've just had my 3rd electrical device randomly die on me. The first was a brand new hand held vac (a nice one!) I plugged it in for the first time, started it up, and before it was even completely fired up, it quit, never to start again. A few months later I had a microwave quit unexpectedly - not brand new, but certainly not old. Now my replacement vacuum has done the same thing (it's a year and a half old now, but still, it's not a cheapie.) I'm not positive it was the same outlet each time, but it could be. I'm beginning to suspect my house is frying my stuff. Any thoughts? Please phrase in a manner a total DIY idiot would understand... Old house - 1916 or something. Outlets grounded, but wiring up in the attic looks original or sketchy at least. Thanks!