As the weather gets colder I thought that I would post a quick little bit on safety: Portable generators are useful when temporary or remote electric power is needed, but they also can be hazardous. The three primary hazards to avoid when using a generator are Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning from the generator's toxic exhaust, electric shock or electrocution, and fire. NEVER use a generator in enclosed or partially-enclosed spaces attached to your living quarters. This includes your attached garage. Generators can produce high levels of CO very quickly. Just something to keep in mind!